Sludge & Waste
Industrial and domestic waste
Wastewater treatment plant sludge (WWTP)
Green / organic waste
Assets for the sludge and waste sector
- Dry waste to transform it into fuel
- Increase calorific value of waste to be burnt
Reduce transport and treatment costs
- Reduce weight by taking out water
Reduce land usage
- Solar power reduces facility size
Respect the environment
- Decrease carbon footprint and GHG emissions
- Improve spraying capacity (sludge)
- 100% silent solution, reduces odours around the farm and during spreading (sludge)
Why dry sludge?
- Reduce their volume and associated storage and transport costs: drying to dryness up to 90%, will reduce the mass by 75 to 80%.
- Stabilisation : reduce the fermentable capacity of sludge and reduce odour nuisance.
- Sterilisation : Reduce pathogens in sludge to sub-detectable levels
- Shaping the end product : obtain a granular residue, easier to handle and transport while increasing the acceptability of the product by the general public (dry sludge looks similar to fertilisers used by the agricultural world/farming world).
- Maintain the fertilizing properties of sludge
- Achieve legal minima for burial (levels of admission between 30% to 35% of dryness depending on the sludge). Only drying can achieve this humidity level.
- Achieve technical minima for incineration, for example. Eliminating water reduces the energy deficit in the incinerator, achieves the thermal self sustaining properties of the sludge and increases its calorific value.